Getting Paid Bonuses

Sometimes you will find an order in the general pool that is really short and promises a bonus for completing it. In other words, the total word count is really low, like 100 words, so if it only paid the usual rate per word, it might not be done well because it takes too much research or something. So, they will tack on a bonus.

Or, if you belong to a team, if they are coming up on a deadline, they may offer bonuses if you complete X number of orders during a certain time frame. There can also be other situations where a client offers to pay you a bonus -- in other words, to pay you more than what you would get just based on word count alone.

I very recently learned that bonus payments are listed at the bottom of your Pay-Off page in a section titled special payment. Just scroll all the way down.

I never knew where to find this information and I have been shorted on bonus monies promised me once or twice. Now that I know where it is listed, I can follow up if I don't get bonus funds promised me and say "Hey, you said I would get x and I haven't been paid that." There has been a time or two I suspected I was shorted, but I had no idea how to verify that and I never followed up.

Be smarter than me and keep track of any bonus payments promised you and follow up with the client if you don't get it. If they promise you a bonus when they send you a revision request, copy and paste that info somewhere else, along with a listing of the headline ID and client number, so you can readily follow up in the internal messaging system if it doesn't show up in your pay.

Even if you are on a team, it is typically on you to keep track of which ID's are supposed to get a bonus. You can't see the instructions for a revision or anything you wrote (except the title) after you submit it. So if there is any discussion of bonus payments, do keep track of that and check to see if you get it.

Comments